The wooden columns on the porch of the country house built in 1862 were drifted down on the Körös River from Transylvania. The Country House of Endrőd presents the ethnographical and local historical heritage of the rural life of Endrőd. The house was built by István Hunya, a landowner from Endrőd.
The facade of the building is stuccoed with date on the pediment; it has a string course and a porch with brick columns which was restored in 1976. Its furniture exhibit the authentic environment of the rural life of Endrőd at the end of the 19th century.
In the neighboring house there is an expanding collection of local history. The local government purchased this building in 2000. It was rebuilt in the 1930s from farmhouse to dwelling-house and a part of the building was installed as a tailor’s workshop.
Contact person: István Szonda
1 November – 28 February weekdays 9:00-14:00, 1 March – 31 October weekdays 9:00-16:30.
At any time, upon prior arrangement.